|potentially curative treatment of renal cell carcinoma|
Consultant Clinical Oncologist Wijaya International Medical Centre, Datuk Dr Mohd Ibrahim A Wahid said, although the cancer does not appear grander in the eyes of the public, but it still needs to take note. Serious stages of kidney cancer known as renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
EARLY SIGNS OF EXPERIENCE RCC
* Urinary bleeding (hematuria)
* Pain in the ribs
* Back pain
* There is a lump on the rib cage and abdomen
* Loss of appetite
* Weight loss
* Excessive fatigue
* Increased blood pressure
An estimated 100,000 patients died of RCC diagnosed worldwide each year. Surgery is the most common treatment. Typically, the surgeon will remove the entire kidney along with the adrenal gland and kidney tissue in sekeling. It aims to prevent the cancer returned to attack but he can not guarantee the effectiveness of the process because 33 percent of patients will suffer from the cancer returned.
Surgery is only performed on stage kidney cancer patients one to three only. For the suffering RCC, it needed another form of treatment because the cancer cells have spread to other organs. What is needed is a way to curb the spread of cancer cells and slow the growth of cancer cells from spreading.
The Chinese community is suffering more. Is not clear exactly causes it happened. Those who have unhealthy lifestyles, obesity, high blood pressure and smoking are the most vulnerable groups for RCC.
But now there is a new form of treatment for patients with RCC using a Torisel (temsirolimus), but it has side effects such as rashes, fatigue, sore mouth, nausea, swelling of body, poor appetite, increased pressure of sugar and high cholesterol.
FACTS ABOUT KIDNEY CANCER
* Kidney (renal) are two organs which have a reddish brown beans are located above the waist, one on each side of the spine.
* The main function of the kidneys is to filter blood and produce urine to cleanse the body of wastes.
* Cancer cells that are abnormally produced in the body of a person and a group of cancerous cells called tumors. If not treated it can grow and spread to other parts of the body.
* Until 2005, the selection of treatment for RCC is very limited and only involves surgery for early stage cancer of one to three.
* An estimated two percent to three percent of reported cancer involving the RCC.
* Women who received radiation therapy for uterine examination may have a slightly increased risk of kidney cancer.
* Patients who are undergoing kidney dialysis and those with a family history of RCC in a higher risk of suffering from RCC.
* Von Hippel-Lindau disease (VHL) disease, the individual who has inherited a much higher risk of RCC, and tumors in other organs.
* The use of Torisel (Temsirolimus) is a treatment once a week to enable a drug used to enter the bloodstream directly.
renal-cell-carcinoma known as renal cell cancer
|Papillary Renal (kidney) Carcinoma (cancer)|